1. What is a phishing attack?
Phishing is a type of social engineering attack, is the fraudulent attempt to get sensitive information such as username, password, 2FA code,... by disguising as ParamountDax in an electronic communication.
Users are often be deceived by trusted parties such as:
- Email spoofing；
- Fake ParamountDax site；
- instant message with malicious link；
- social websites with manipulated ParamountDax link;
- Chat with impersonated ParamountDax support；
- Fake ParamountDax hotline or support in search engine, etc.
- Social Media Fake Account
- Malware downloaded from the internet
- Free Wi-Fi Phishing
2. Phishing attack protection
It is known that the most important and weakest aspect in a security system is people. Hence, for users, vigilance is key:
- A spoofed message often contains subtle mistakes such as spelling mistakes, strange syntax, unsmooth words, misspelled domain name, for instance, www.paramountdax.com, etc.
- In addition, attackers will usually try to push users into action by creating a sense of urgency. For example, an email could threaten account expiration and shall be verified within a timeline; a message instructed users to move asset a secure wallet to avoid loss as soon as possible.
Phishing attack protection requires steps to be taken by both users and ParamountDax.
- Always upgrade Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox to the latest version. It is known that Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox will warn users for phishing or unsafe high-risk website.
- The safest way to login to ParamountDax is through the website ParamountDax.com https://www.paramountdax.com
- Enable Two-factor authentication (2FA) verification such as Google 2FA or SMS 2FA. Keep cautious and not disclose Google 2FA 16 digital back key to anyone or any website. If username and password were compromised, 2FA prevents the use of compromised credentials, since these alone are insufficient to gain entry.
- You can also set your anti-phishing code in the (security section) within the exchange. Each official ParamountDax email it will contain the code you set to prove its real exchange mail.
3. Reporting Phishing
Please report any ParamountDax phishing sites you meet at email@example.com
Article is closed for comments.